[Loadstone] point table

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sat Aug 4 01:24:10 BST 2007

Adding other fields to the table will be done at some point. I'd like to
have a phone number field so there could be an option to call the number
directly. I'd also like a comments field for additional information. This
probably isn't going to happen for a while thoe since changing database
tables will break compatability with the existing databases. I want to
rewrite the entire database system at some point but that'll be a big job.
In the current system the maximum length of a point is 75 characters. If
you're hitting that limit try using abreviations if you can. For bus stops
you can use things like eb for east bound, wb for west bound, etc. Then if
you're using talks 3 you can use the dictionary to make it say the full
versions of these abreviations.
The id field is a 32 bit unsigned integer. The userid field is a 16 bit
unsigned integer. The id field is basically a unix time stamp. This means if
you're manually generating points you want to make sure the id doesn't start
using values that could overlap with the present time.