[Loadstone] Point type/class

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed Apr 11 02:57:53 BST 2007

I think a simpler type system would be better, at least on the phone. I
think we'd want a two dementional system, type and subtype. Anything more
would probably be too complicated to be useful.
Since I'll be the one having to program this for the phone I'm all for
having it simple to implement. Since I'll also have to use the program I'd
like something simple to use as well.
I think what'll happen is we'll try whatever we finally come up with on the
point share site first. This makes it much easier to try different things
since that system runs a real database. Once we get that system worked out
then it'll be ported to the phone. This probably won't be for a while since
this will require some major database modifications. If that has to happen
then the database rewrite I'd like to do should also happen at that time.
Basically all this means that people shouldn't expect type support in the
next version or anything, this is a longer term goal.