[Loadstone] Point type/class

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Apr 10 20:02:52 BST 2007

Hi all,

Thank you for your contributions so far. We've got quite an impressive list
of 'types' and a not yet so convincing list of 'classes'. First the syntax:

A point can be of type 'airport' and belong in the class 'transportation'.
Another point of class 'transportation' is a 'train station'. Types
describe a point, a class is a container of types that have something in
common.

I'm working on a web page that has both the list of types and a list of
classes where you can add a type or class and i propose to have that up for
a couple of weeks, so people have a chance to add descriptions as they
think of them. Next we'll have to put the types into the classes and thus
construct the final list. I also propose not to have sub-classes, although
they sometimes come to mind. Let's keep it as simple as possible.

As soon as I have the page up I'll let you know. In the mean time you may
still send your suggestions to the list.

Thanks for all your help,

Rob