[Loadstone] purchasing your first GPS receiver

Charlie charlie at loadstone-gps.com
Thu Apr 5 18:14:51 BST 2007

kevin chao <g.unit89 at clearwire.net> wrote:

> This is a receiver that can track up to 32 satellites [...]

A receiver, that can track up to 32 satellites doesn't exist. There are
maximal 12 satellites to be received at the same time... the others are
behind the horizon. So it's not really relevant, if a receiver has 20 or 32
channels for tracking satellites...

> [...] it has an on/off switch, with waas enabled by default (the first
> receiver to do this).

Rob wrote some interesting info about this waas/egnos system a couple of
days ago. This waas/egnos also isn't as important as we all would like
to... but the power management and the sensivity of this QStarz seems to be
really good. I'm thinking about to buy this one too, I've found a test
report (in german) about it with really good results.

Additional some of the newer WinTec devices seem to be a good choice...
they have data logging capability and also a new chipset which is a bit
better than the SIRF III.

regards,
Bert

PS: it would be nice, if all of you take care not to send your mails in
    boring html format.

--
Because of the bad readability of the text.