[Loadstone] Key 5 in NavMod.

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Apr 2 08:36:06 BST 2007

The big (and pleasant) difference between Loadstone and the other
navigators is, that Loadstone tells you where you are by providing the
names of the nearest points around you. It functions as an 'orientation'
tool. Most Loadstone users like it this way, because knowing where you are
is the natural way of navigating. Deciding where you want to go is
something most people do by themselves, but some people prefer to be told
to 'turn left' or turn right' by a machine. Loadstone doesn't do this. In
stead, it announces the point that you are approaching. Determining your
position is best done by querying your close surroundings and that's
exactly what the arrow keys do in Loadstone. However, if you like to 'look
ahead', that's only one keystroke away, just press the '0' key and use the
numeric keys to augment your field of vision. Return to navigation mode by
one more '0' key press.

Rob