[Loadstone] Is there an issue with the Holux 236 receiver? (new to the list)

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Sat Sep 30 05:36:32 BST 2006

Hi Scott,

If you do a Google search on GPS receiver SiRF3 you should find a reseller
in your area. I've seen prices as low as US$ 70. I use the Adapt AD750
(paid Euro 99), but the RoyalTec, Holux and Globalsat don't differ much.
I've heard some negative stories about TomTom receivers but I think that's
because of the fact that Static Navigation (SN) is still turned on in those
RX. For pedestrian use you don't want SN to be on as standing still results
in a 'freeze' of the receiver, only defrosting after 20 meters / 60 feet of
walking.

Hth,

Rob