[Loadstone] Is there an issue with the Holux 236 receiver?

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Fri Sep 29 13:38:34 BST 2006

This sounds like a strange problem.
When you say autoannounce crashes do you mean you have the autoannounce
setting turned on and it crashes loadstone?
At what point do you get the false no signal report?
The gps receiver shouldn't have anything to do with it but I guess you never
know. Is the point name being autoannounced very long or does it happen at
different points?
There's a couple things you can try to track this problem down. First, try
it with your old receiver and see if the problem shows up. If so then try
turning the autoannounce setting off. With this setting off checkpoints will
still be announced as you approach just not at regular intervals.
If the old receiver doesn't make the problem happen then go back to the new
one and then go to the file menu and hit the start logging option. Then try
to make the problem happen and if it does then there'll be a log of what the
gps was sending at the time.
One bug I've noticed while looking at the code is if you have autoannounce
turned on while in exploration mode the information it gives when announcing
a checkpoint will be wrong. This shouldn't cause a crash thoe.