[Loadstone] announcing unwanted checkpoints.

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Sep 26 07:06:36 BST 2006

Hello Aedan,

I fully understand what you are saying and have run into this situation as
well.  The problem we have with ignoring certain checkpoints  is the drift
factor associated with the SIRF Star3 receivers.  This means the direction
of travel isn't always precise and errors would happen.

One solution to this problem is to separate your various routes (or route
segments)  into multiple checkpoint files.  With the appropriate one
loaded and "Use Checkpoints" turned on, the problem as you describe should
go away.

A future solution of having a "chain of points" functionshould also help
with this as you say.

Thanks,
   Monty