[Loadstone] Memory Card and Data Base Questions

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Sun Sep 24 12:56:37 BST 2006

How large a data base is it practical to import into Loadstone?  I am not
asking in terms of a mile radius.  I am asking in terms of file size.

I am curious because I believe Loadstone could work for some long distance
hiking ideas I have in mind.  Given the distances involved, I would need
data bases considerably larger than sizes recommended on the point share
exchange.  They might need to cover hundreds of miles.  Alternatively, I
could store data bases on some form of media and upload them as the need
arises.  I believe I can learn to adapt data files from other sources and
could definitely test the resulting data before attempting any such hikes.
This idea is in the early research stage at this time.

How large a memory card is it possible to get for a Nokea 6680?  What
sacrifices does one make in terms of performance by increasing available
memory?

I currently have a60 mb card.  Performance is fine but that is nowhere near
enough for the types of data bases I would need to import to attempt such a
hike.

Thank You,

Mike Hanson