[Loadstone] Loadstone translation

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Sep 20 15:30:09 BST 2006

Hello,

Thanks for offering to translate Loadstone into Polish.  I think someone
else offered about 6 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything from them so I
guess they gave up!

We hope to have UTF8 character support into a upcoming version of
Loadstone which should support Polish characters but if you wanted to
translate for the current version, English ASCII characters should be
used.

If you visit the Loadstone GPS web site (Downloads Page) and download the
latest source code and untar it (I believe Winzip might work) there'll be
several subdirectories. In the  group directory there's a  file called
loadstone.rss. This file contains  all the  program's output such  as menus,
dialogs, etc. You have to be careful when working with this file thoe.
Strings  are in quotes. Sometimes strings will contain modifiers starting with
the % character. These are place holders for various parameters that change and
are passed in by the program. The placement of these modifiers can be
changed but the number and type of modifiers can't. Getting this wrong
will most likely cause a program crash or other unexpected behaviour.

There are a couple of areas that can't be changed. These are the database
creation statements and the key map. At some point we'll have to put
comments in the file pointing these things out.

If you can get this translated we'll figure out how to make the phone
recognize that there's another language there and include it in the main
distribution.

Good luck.
   Monty
? Help < MsgIndex   P PrevMsg - PrevPage D Delete R Reply
O OTHER CMDS > ViewAttch  N NextMsg Spc NextPage U Undelete F Forward