[Loadstone] File Conversion Question

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Sep 19 21:02:23 BST 2006

Hi Michael,

I've come across .gpx files before and since they seam to mostly be text
in xml format these are definitely useful if they include a text label in
addition to the coordinates.

Perhaps someone else can comment on .arc files.

The format of Loadstone text files used for importation is pretty straight
forward as you will see if you examine a file...

Name = quoted string describing point.
Latitude = decimal latitude (with 7 places to the right of the decimal)
without the decimal point inserted.
Longitude = decimal longitude (with 7 places to the right of the decimal)
without the decimal poin inserted.
Accuracy = gps accuracy at the time the point was saved (may be 0)
Satellites = satellites in view when point was saved (may be 0)
Priority = point attribute reserved for Loadstone (may be 0)
Userid = unique userid calculated from the userid string from the
Loadstone/Settings screen.
ID = Unique numerical id for the point.

Monty