[Loadstone] A small suggestion

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Tue Sep 19 01:12:22 BST 2006

I think I can clear this up a bit. If you know that a point is wrong and
want to update it then the best thing to do is find it in exploration mode.
If you need time to do this it can be done at any point and then you can use
the 5 key to check how close to that point you are. When you arrive at the
position you want to update to then hit the number sign and then key 1 and
choose the save using current option. I've found that when marking a point
for best accuracy it helps if you can be still at the location for a while
to let the position become stable. If a bus is only stopping for 10 seconds
that may or may not be enough time. This all depends on your receiver.
When you enter exploration mode the closest point and its direction are
announced. To move to that point you have to hit the key that corispondes to
the direction that was announced. Then you can check or update that point.
The 5 key lets you check how far you are from the point you're on in
exploration mode, it's not a movement key.