[Loadstone] Some suggestions for team.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sun Sep 17 01:37:41 BST 2006

The way the system works now is consistant with other software. When you're
in a menu and come to an option the only choice is to select so you have to
know what will happen if you do. I think you're getting confused with things
like setting pages where the option and its current state are shown. In that
case you can hit key 1 and get a list of options for changing the option. If
we were to reverse this as you suggest then lets say you're in exploration
mode and go to the functions menu. It would say exploration mode and you'd
never know that pressing that option would give you navigation mode. That
would be confusing to say the least.
The reason that the use checkpoints option is off by default is that it's a
limiter to what points are available in the database. If you have points
checked and then turn use checkpoints on then only your checkpoints will
show up when using the joystick. This isn't usually what you want but is
useful if you're just trying to follow your checked points.