[Loadstone] Some suggestions for team.

Aedan O'Meara aomeara at IOL.IE
Sat Sep 16 19:36:03 BST 2006

Hi team,
The new version 0.63 looks fine. However, I think that as long as the
options listed under functions are not stating their present or current
state, there will always be confusion. Can I suggest the following format:
Functions sub menu
Exploration mode on(meaning that it is really "on".
Find point.
Use checkpoints off (actulal state)(I do not understand why this one is off)
Isolate points off (actual state)
etc.
Anyone using Talks and other Nokia software is quite used to the idea that
these are toggles and that pressing them will toggle back and forth through
their available states, but we have to know the actual or current state at
all times, hence my request.
Perhaps the team has a valid reason for the present style but it is leading
to a lot of unnecessary confusion.
Again, I wish to thank all involved for a marvelous package and I use it
every day now and have just convinced two other blind people here in Ireland
to buy a GPS receiver and get going!
I am very impressed with the built in intelligence that announces the nearst
available points in a wide circle when the GPS loses signal. Well done lads!
I have also just received an email from Wayfinder asking me to complete a
questionnaire to help them develope a package more suitable to blind and
visually impaired. I asked them to do this a year ago with no result, I
wonder why they are suddenly interested now?
Regards to all
Aedan O'Meara.
Cork
Ireland.