[Loadstone] Route mode becomes checkpoints on/off

Rob Melchers rmpro at planet.nl
Sat Sep 16 13:20:40 BST 2006

Hi all,

After you have installed V063 of Loadstone GPS you will notice, that
''Route Mode on/off' has been replaced by 'Checkpoints on/off'. Except for
the change of name, nothing has changed. We just decided, that 'Route Mode'
didn't describe what this does.

A route is a subset of chained points. The order in wich Loadstone should
announce these points is determined by the order in which a user has
entered these points. What Loadstone does at the moment is set aside a
subset of points and calculates the shortest distance between points. In
most cases this will result in a route, but in certain cases this will
introduce mistakes.

So we changed 'Marking a Point' in 'Checking a Point'. This results in
'Checkpoints', which can be saved just the same way as before. This has
been described in the Getting Started Manual at:
http://www.loadstone-gps.com/docs/manual/getstart2.html
under the heading 'Creating a GPS environment'.

The eventually introduced mistakes are described under 'The
hairpincurve-effect'.

Best regards,

Rob Melchers