[Loadstone] Newby Questions

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Sep 13 21:12:28 BST 2006

Hi Nigel,

Welcome to the world of Loadstone and GPS navigation!

To answer your question regarding what sort of feedback Loadstone offers
when you are traveling between two points...  It currently doesn't give
left and right directions but rather information in the form of cardinal
directions (I.E North, East, South, West), heading in degrees or heading
in terms of a clock face (I.E: 12 o'clock=straight ahead, 9 o'clock=to the
left Etc).

Sadly there isn't as of yet street mapping data available for the UK so
the Point Share Exchange site will not have any of this information.
However, if you wish to create a point while on a street you can certainly
do that.  When Loadstone is commanded to return information of a point it
will simpley return the text label you assigned to the point.  Points
stored in the PointShare Exchange definitely do have textual labels that
go along with the coordinates for each point.

HTH

Best regards,
   Monty