[Loadstone] Thanks Shawn, Monty et al

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Sep 11 16:30:36 BST 2006

Hello,

Aeden, I am glad you are now up and running with Loadstone.A couple of
corrections to your post in case people are trying to learn in real-time
to these posts or the archives...

I will respond below///

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, Aedan O'Meara wrote:

> Also Monty referred to a "Find point" setting under "exploration" mode when
> in fact this only appears in "Navigation" mode.

In responding to your original post I assumed you had already followed the
instructions on how to acquire  point data for your area since your
questiones  involved creating routes, and editting already existing point
information.  When you have a populated points database you do indeed have
access to the "Find Point" function in the Options/Funtion Menu.  Without
any point data this option will not appear as there is nothing to find.

> My opinion now that I got over the blank wall is that this is a fab piece of
> work. I am very impressed with the info on all the keys in exploration mode
> and how one can cruise about the points recorded in navigation mode even
> without the sat reciever turned on. If you wish I would like to type up a
> beginners guide to getting started with this program.

As a point of clarification, I believe you are getting "Navigation mode"
and "Exploration mode" confused with each other.  Easily done when just
learning the program!!!

A beginners guide is in the works and will feature on the web site in the
very near future!

Best regards,
   Monty