[Loadstone] Generating pointslist.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Wed Sep 6 00:31:39 BST 2006

The id is the current time in seconds. Depending on how you're trying to
generate these, if you're using perl then you can just use time() to get the
value. There's a second part to point ids thoe, your userid. This is a crc16
of the username you used to register with the point share site. You also set
this username in loadstone. The simplest way to get that value would be to
save a point and then export your personal data to see what your userid is.
When generating points from an external source you have to make sure the
format of the file you give to loadstone is correct. At the moment it isn't
very forgiving of errors in the file.