[Loadstone] gps accuracy

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Tue Oct 31 08:54:58 GMT 2006

The intercections have been calculated from street line segments. The
intercections are at the point where the lines cross. As such this will put
the point right in the center of an intercection. This means that from the
sidewalk the intercection will appear to be a few meters away. This will
depend on the size of the intercection and the accuracy of the original map
data. This is where normal orientation skills come in, I wouldn't try to
follow the gps to the exact coordinates of an intercection.