[Loadstone] gps accuracy

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Oct 29 20:45:16 GMT 2006

Hi Rusty,

I can not comment on the accuracy of the US intersections as I do not know
the margin of error on those points.  I would imagine they should be
within 20 metres or so if I were to guess.

Most Serf3 receivers claim accuracy of between 5 and 15 metres 3-5 metres
if your receiver is using WAAS.  GPS receivers will get you to the
building, not necessarily to the door!  They usually work very well for
identifying an intersection, bus stop or train station!

The drift you experience when standing still is normal with the Star 3
receivers.  Star 2 receivers do not have this drift problem but are not
nearly as sensative in terms of picking up satellites.  Most people don't
mind putting up with a bit of drift for the added sensitivity of the Star
3.

Monty