[Loadstone] gps accuracy

Rusty Perez rustys.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 14:43:35 GMT 2006

Hi folks,
I'm new to this, but I'd like to know more about the accuracy of my
sirf3 gps receiver--Holux gpslim236, and accuracy of waypoints ETC.

The documentation says it should be accurate to 2.5 meters or
something like that. What I find is that when I go through an
intersection, even in a car, the waypoint that loadstone anounces with
this gps receiver is never all that close. If it's ten meters away,
that's close. Does this mean that the waypoints which are on the us
geological survey are not that accurate, or is my gps really that off?
Also, when I'm stationary, even right on top of where I have just
placed a waypoint, it seems to wander, sometimes one meter, sometimes
6 or 7 meters.

Does this error correction we have in the program really help? How do
I know if it's on; there are an on and an off sellection.

Should I try and get a sirf2 receiver?

Thanks for any enlightenment I will receive.

Rusty