[Loadstone] Where should I put it?

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Oct 24 07:07:01 BST 2006

Hi Rusty,

Regarding your import, the beeps are completely normal and are a very
indication that things are still working.  If you are importing the entire
state of California I would imagine it could take several hours -
especially if you are using an older slower phone.

It is also normal for people to end up with GPS receivers with a range of
accessories.  Sometimes they come with a case/clip/slap and sometimes not.
The Holux GR236 is a SiRF Star III GPS receiver which means it is quite
sensative, so you can probably carry it in a pocket.  That is what I
normally do.  It is possable that you will have to keep it in the open for
the first minute while it is acquiring a signal but even that is unlikely.
Best way is to experiment!

Best regards,
   Monty