[Loadstone] Data Conversion Question

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Oct 18 13:49:58 BST 2006

Hi Mike,

These programs are programs that convert navigational data from one format
to another. Just like people, navigational applications don't understand
each other, so an interpreter is needed. EasyGPS is an example. It can
convert between Brunton, Cobra, Eagle, Garmin, Lowrance and Magellan made
applications. For Loadstone-GPS we need to convert the data ourselves. With
a lot of patience you can use Notepad to convert a ASCII file to the
Loadstone-GPS format, using the replace option. Making a PERL or PHP script
with replace-like functions makes the job a lot easier. Of course you must
be able to run PERL or PHP scripts on your computer. A simple program that
gives you a PERL and PHP environment as well as a private web server is
MicroWeb, that can be downloaded for free. Just do a Google search for
Microweb and you should be able to find it.

Hth,

Rob