[Loadstone] Question about map data.

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Oct 17 19:48:11 BST 2006

Hello Rusty,

Loadstone most certainly can make use of data you describe.  In fact, many
of the points contained on the PointShare Exchange use point data from
point collections found on the web.

The three most important pieces of information are:

Point name
Longitude
latitude

The format of the text files Loadstone uses for import have been discussed
on this list in the past and will be in the list archives.

We will also look into publishing the file format on the Documentation
area of the web site which could even include some sort of primer on how
to go about obtaining data, creating a suitable file for import, as well
as uploading to the PointShare Exchange.

Best regards,
   Monty