[Loadstone] Holux and Loadstone.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Tue Oct 10 13:22:02 BST 2006

It sounds like your receiver may have the static navigation feature turned
on in its firmware. This means that you have to go over a certain speed
before it starts reporting accurate speed/heading. There should be a way to
turn this off. Even if you can get this turned off the question is if it'll
stay off or will it reactivate every time the unit is turned on. A bit of
googling should turn up something about this.
As for not being able to get a signal again after the unit is switched off,
this seems to be phone dependant. I'm not getting that on any of my phones
but just shutting off the gps receiver when it's connected does behave
slightly differently depending on the phone.
The route mode isn't in yet. If you're getting checkpoints announced too
often maybe try decreasing the min approach distance and approach time
settings. The distance is in meters and the time is in seconds. The
defaults, 10 for distance and 30 for time, seem to work well for most
situations but might not work too well if you have checkpoints quite close
together.