[Loadstone] question about saving and loading checkpoints

Miranda miranda.woudstra at wanadoo.nl
Tue Oct 10 10:51:20 BST 2006

Hello all,

I'm entirely new to Loadstone, so I apologize in advance if my questions
sound ignorant or if this matter was already discussed here earlier.

I have some trouble with checkpoints. I am able to create them and then save
them to a file. And, after loading that file again later, I do have the menu
options concerning checkpoints in the functions menu, such as "use
checkpoints". However, in exploration mode, Loadstone doesn't mention them
as "checked", like it does with newly created checkpoints, and it doesn't
warn me when approaching one of them in navigation mode.
If I then "check" the points again by hand, everything works again as it
should. But I don't suppose it should be necessary to "check" points again
after loading them from a file of saved checkpoints.

Does anybody recognize this problem, or is it perhaps just that I do
something wrong?
Any help would be much appreciated.

By the way, does it matter in which order checkpoints are created? Do you
have to create them in the same order as you pass them on your route?

Thanks in advance,
Miranda (from the Netherlands).