[Loadstone] Loadstone not starting

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sun Oct 8 01:11:53 BST 2006

You may have a corrupted database file. Loadstone will try to recover
damaged databases but this doesn't always work. Try renaming the database to
another name. To do this use fexplorer and go to the
system/apps/loadstone/databases directory and rename the file called default
to something else. This should allow loadstone to start and create a new
blank default file. Then if that works you can try loading the file you
renamed by going to the file menu, choosing load database and selecting the
file you renamed. At that point it may say something about recovering
damaged database or if things really go wrong it may just crash. If
loadstone can't recover the database then you'll just have to delete it. If
it can be recovered then you can use fexplorer to delete the new default
file and rename the database back to default and everything should be fine.
Depending on the size of your database the recovery process may take from a
few seconds to a few minutes.