[Loadstone] Re Holux problem.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sun Oct 1 01:39:12 BST 2006

It sounds like you may have some bluetooth issues with your phone. Are there
any firmware updates available for your phone? It seems like bluetooth
glitches are quite common for some reason. If both loadstone and wayfinder
require a reboot after receiving a call then that seems to point to a
problem with the phone. If there is a new firmware for it you can update it
yourself now that nokia has released the tool to do it. All you need is the
data cable to connect the phone to your pc. I don't remember the url for the
upgrade tool but a google search should give you something.
I haven't found anything in loadstone that would account for the gps signal
just stopping like that. This wouldn't have to do with static navigation
mode on the receiver, even with that turned on you'd still get a signal. One
possible thing to try when this happens is to exit loadstone, wait for
around 30 seconds or so and start it again. This gives the connection time
to really disconnect since it seems to hang around for a few seconds after
the program closes.
There could be some problem with your receiver too. Maybe do a bit of
googling and see if anyone else has reported any bluetooth trouble with that
unit. If so there may be a firmware upgrade available.