[Loadstone] Advice needed for SN changing on Holux slim 236

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Thu Nov 30 21:52:41 GMT 2006

Thanks for the report on this. This is the exact same problem I had with my
Holux gr-230 receiver. Apparently for that model a later firmware prevented
the bluetooth and sirf baud rates from getting out of sync so I'm quite
surprised this problem shows up in a later unit. This problem is one of the
reasons that loadstone doesn't do anything with the sirf protocol. You can
switch your unit to sirf mode but from what I remember there's two places to
set the baud rate in sirfdemo. I don't remember the exact procedure, after I
screwed up my holux receiver and had to buy a data cable to fix it I never
used sirfdemo again. If you get the baud rates right you should be able to
switch to sirf mode, turn off static navigation, and then switch back to
nmea mode. You will want to confirm the bluetooth baud rate, on my holux it
was 9600 but maybe they've changed things for the newer units. The safest
thing to do is to get the data cable and that way you can get the unit
working propperly again if it goes wrong. You'll probably only use the data
cable once but at least after that you can use it to charge the receiver as
well.