[Loadstone] adding POIS from POI factory.com

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Tue Nov 28 18:04:46 GMT 2006

the "Terms of Use" of poi-factory:

"You may load location data obtained from this web site into a GPS
navigation system only for your own personal use. You may not otherwise
copy or distribute any materials from this web site, including User
Submissions. You may not create any derivative works based on materials
obtained from this web site."

This means, that you may convert the contents of a .cvs file downloaded
from poi-factory to the Loadstone GPS format, as long as you don't upload
this data to the Points Share Exchange web site, but only use it for your
own purposes.

I can write an on-line tool to do the conversion, that is, if all .cvs
files have the same format. I've downloaded two, they were the same format.
The option to include only points in a certain area is possible as long as
you know the coordinates of your location. You also need your user ID as
generated by Loadstone GPS (you can find this in any exported Loadstone
database file.). Finally, you have to be able to insert the generated data
into an existing database file. Let me know if this would be helpfull.

Rob