[Loadstone] Navigation mode gets me confused.

Ari Moisio arimo at netsonic.fi
Thu Nov 23 07:29:02 GMT 2006

Hi

  I don't find it confusing at all. If loadstone tells point x is 50 meters
eas to my current position or point x is 50 meters at 12 o'clock.

  It is much more confusing when gps losts  it's idea of heading and starts
giving random directions with clockface.

  i Know quite well how to change direction notification but i do not want
to do this every time i  stop or start walking.

  One possible solution is to use joystick for relative directions and
keypad for cardinal directions. There are currently many  seldom used
functions buried in the navigation mode keypad commands; for example
vertical accuracy, gps   date & time,  altitude,    lon & lat coordinates
witch have  not much use in real navigation. Also gsm cell information is
not so important when gps fix is available.

  Speed and heading are important to know when walking, also direction and
distance to certain points.

  I would also like to 'see' more than half a dozen nearest points.

  Of course  if there are configurable keypad  user can   make a  keymap
best suitable for his/her preferences.

--
arimo