[Loadstone] Question for Shawn

Aedan O'Meara aomeara at iol.ie
Tue Nov 21 16:21:28 GMT 2006

Hi Shawn,
Would I be correct in thinking that the addition of the distance and
heading to the ordinary point announcing in v0.65, is making it possible
that points that used to be announced in v0.63 are not now announced
because the walking speed is not in excess of 4kph?
I am still experiencing a proper display of points on the joystick
particularly in the city whilst walking without any announcing of my
approach to these points. These points are progressing correctly in
distance on the joystick. There would be as many as 8 satellites being
seen by the gps. I know you explained this because Loadstone is using
the last known heading, but if the heading announcement was turned off
is ift possible to have these points pre announced?

Secondly, Would the removal of the time aspect of measuring the approach
distance and the ability to reduce the max approach distance below 10m
not arrive at the same effect as building the sequential point route
system we previously requested?
I am coming to the conclusion that the excessive announcing of too many
adjacent points is definitely speed related because unfortunately at my
bus's journey end it goes downhill and picks up quite considerable speed
and the points it starts calling out would all be within the new
calculated radius.
This would not matter either if it only called out the points at 12
oclock,
but it calls them out all around.
At present the speed setting cannot be dropped below 10 secs.
So, what I am asking is would it be possible to give us experimentally a
version of Loadstone with an option to drop the max speed to 0?
Thirdly, I have a feeling that the new setting of static threshold is
not returning to full 0 after it has been put up to any other figure. Is
it possible that you have written a default setting here that is above
0? The reason I ask is I am convinced that judging over a period of time
The v0.63 definitely gave better results when walking.
I have checked the Loadstone.ini file and it is set to 0 there ok .
Finally, if we proceed to the sequential point route idea could this not
be simply activated by adding another field to the database in which one
stores the sequential number of the point to be announced, so that when
that point is approached it is not announced unless it is in correct
sequence as stored in a route file?
The rest of the engine can be left alone.

Regards to all,
Aedan.