[Loadstone] Navigation mode gets me confused.

Gabriel Battaglia gabriele.battaglia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 22:39:19 GMT 2006

Hi everybody.
I'm used to keep the following settings on my Loadstone.
Option\Settings\display settings
| show heading = degrees | heading  point = clock face | heading esplorer =
degrees |.

- Sorry if I did some mistake within the option's name but I'm using a
translated version here.

Well, when I'm in navigation mode moving in a certain direction I've noticed
that joystick runs with a relative positions. So, if I move it up, LS says
me the next point in front of me, in my heading direction. Obviously if I
move the joystick down I will know what point is the closiest behind me and
so on. I think this is the more logical way to use loadstone, the most
comprehensive.
On saturday morning I was riding my uncle's car and I dicided to change
settings of Loadstone moving the heading point from Clock face to degrees.
Back to the navigation mode I found out that things was changed and I felt a
bit confused. The joystick didn't work as it does before using my direction
to up and so on but it seems working with the absolute cardinal compass. At
that time I was riding beaming south (177°). I've tried to push the joystick
up and LS says me some of my point which are already passed behind us.

My question is... Is that possible?
Changing this option cause also loadstone different ways to output its
informations? Please try to do my same experience, change the point
direction from or into clock face and try to hang around.

Gabriel.