[Loadstone] Points checking suggestion.

Aedan O'Meara aomeara at iol.ie
Thu Nov 16 12:34:00 GMT 2006

Hi Monty,
To my knowledge, there are now at least 5 current users of Loadstone in
Ireland.
Can I suggest a slight modification to assist those using a route for
the first time and normally returning later by that same route, like a
train journey?
It has been said to me that it would be nice if after recording your
points of interest on the way out on your journey, Loadstone would
announce them automatically as you approached them on the way back.
At the moment, you would have to spend time, not always possible after a
meeting, etc, to mark these points in order to have them auto announced
on the way home.
What if all points were auto-marked as you enter them on the # key. then
the ordinary automatic announce would call them on the way home without
one having to hold the phone in the hand and keep pressing the uparrow
on the toggle.
Let these marks evaporate on turning off the phone as normal. Obviously,
if one wants to store these as a route then that would be done before
turning off the phone.
Tip:
Someone the other day asked about deleted points remaining in the
database. If you export to a text file and bring it up in Notepad these
are marked as ,4, in the priority section on their relevant line and a
simple search for ,4, and your id number, would allow you to find and
delete these lines and tidy up your database in Notepad.
Regards
Aedan.