[Loadstone] 3rd edition phone and file manager.

Stephen Giggar sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 15 15:41:38 GMT 2006

Shawn

Just responding to your message about the 3rd edition phone. The built in file manager is not any
nmore restrictive then what is on your N70 or 6600. You can not look at everything on the phone with
what is built in. Now using a 3rd party package like FExplorer that is not built into the phone;
then you can look at other directorys on your 6600 or N70. On the 3rd edition phones; FExplorer is
not out for them as of yet. Witch is OK; Their is another package called SISExplorer. That package
will let you do most things that FExplorer will do as far as browsing the drives on the phone.

Keep in mind; I stated in my initial message the Built In File Manager. So if you have a N70 that
probably will be found under the Tools menu item. You will find it does not let you look at the
hidden directories and will only show you 1 or 2 main directories. That are in the phones internal
memory.

So the 3rd edition phones in that away are not any more restrictive then the 2nd edition phones.

It took me a little while to find SYSExplorer but like FExplorer; It is free! SYSExplorer at this
time can not do as much as FExplorer. But again FExplorer has been out for almost 3 years! Ware
SYSExplorer has been out from what I can tell for about 6 to 9 months.

Now we just have to wait for the screen readers to catch up with the phones.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
sgiggar at sbcglobal.net
Skype: dr-phone.