[Loadstone] No signal problem.

Aedan O'Meara aomeara at iol.ie
Wed Nov 15 12:30:34 GMT 2006

Hi all,
James problem has also been experienced by myself and others using the
Holux 236. I notice that sometimes I have a solid bluetooth connection
between the gps and the nokia phone. Yet I get "no signal" sometimes for
hours if left unattended. Rebooting the phone has no effect as Loadstone
still comes up with "no signal". Turning the gps off and then on again
does seem to cure the problem and after doing this yesterday Loadstone
reported 9 satellites! So there were plenty of sats around.
It looks like a drop in sync between the two.
I therefore recommend turning on the gps first and let it get a fix on
the sats before turning on the phone and loading up loadstone.
Regards
Aedan.