[Loadstone] Working directory: small suggestion.

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Mon Nov 13 11:50:01 GMT 2006

Hello,

We are planning on implementing configurable paths along with some other
advanced configuration settings in a future release.  Configurable path
settings (where a user can specify what folder/directory various files are
kept) would definitely make the copying process easier.

However, the current version and several before do let you do this as a
one off!

When importing or exporting, you are presented with a list.  The list
contains New File, .., and then a list of files if they exist.  In keeping
with DOS/Linux/Unix directory structure techniques, pressing "Select" on
the DotDot  item will allow you to traverse up one directory/folder level
in the directory tree.  If you go up enough, you will be out of the
"System" directory and could even conceivably import or export to another
drive on the phone.

So, I 100% agree a configurable path option can do nothing but improve
Loadstone, but a solution already exists for the file transfer via PC
Suite problem as I described above.

Best regards,
   Monty