[Loadstone] First post.

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Thu Nov 9 09:32:36 GMT 2006

Even if you have a valid route66 file you probably don't have any license to
convert it to another format. The company that publishes that file probably
won't release the specifications on how the file format works. You may be
able to reverse engineer the format and convert it for personal use but that
data couldn't be shared. A file of that size wouldn't work at all well in
loadstone, I can't imagine how slow that would go. The best source of data
for loadstone is anything that's publically available. This will depend on
your area. Some areas have lots of data and others have little to none. If
there's no data for your area then it'll come down to you marking points. If
there are other people in your area that use loadstone and share points then
the database will get better.