[Loadstone] Observations

Ronan McGuirk ronan.mcguirk at vicsireland.org
Wed Nov 8 20:43:01 GMT 2006

Hi Aedan,
I also saw a number of negative altitudes and I am also living above sea
level.  I found that changing the altitude from mean sea level to geo ID
seemed to improve this considerably.  I don't understand the difference
between geo ID and mean sea level but geo ID  seems to work well for Dublin.

For example,   I climbed to the top of Maulin mountain in Wicklow recently.
Loadstone told me I was at 567 metres.  When I checked on a hill-walkers
website later it gave a height of 570 metres for Maulin so it sounds like
Loadstone is about right with Geo ID.

Ronan