[Loadstone] Observations

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Wed Nov 8 15:47:28 GMT 2006

Hi Aedan,

The altitude reported by Loadstone is derived from your GPS receiver.  GPS
receivers are known to have quite a range of inaccuracy regarding vertical
altitude..  Most GPS manufacturors stress how important it is not to rely
on vertical accuracy reported by GPS receivers.  To compound the issue, I
have tested multiple GPS receiversside-by-side for altitude and they all
reported vastly differing measurements.

Were you ever able to log your trip that was activating the approach alarm
for the point  90 degrees from your heading?  If so I could take a look
and see what the problem is.  This would assist us greatly if it indeed is
some sort of bug!

Best regards,
   Monty