[Loadstone] GPS Receiver Question

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Sat Nov 4 13:37:11 GMT 2006

I have a royaltek rbt-2010 and the battery life for it is around 18 hours. I
haven't heard of any bluetooth gps receivers lasting longer than that. You
could carry extra batteries or get yourself a hand crank charger. I'm not
sure how long you'd have to crank to charge a gps battery but it might be
better than nothing in an emergency. The problem isn't really the gps
receiver but the phone's battery. How long you get with that very much
depends on your phone and how much you have it doing.