[Loadstone] GPS Receiver Question

Michael O. Hanson mhanson at winternet.com
Sat Nov 4 09:32:39 GMT 2006

I currently have a Royal Tec receiver.  Does anybody know how to get a
receiver with a longer battery life?  If so, what is the longest battery
life available?  I am asking because GPS data are such that hiking in
wilderness settings is possible using it.  Regular access to battery
chargers is not possible under such conditions for relatively long periods
of time, depending on the length of hikes you want to do.

Carrying additional batteries is necessary.  However, it would be convenient
to get something that would last ten to twelve hours or as close to that as
possible.

Thank You,

Mike Hanson