[Loadstone] Further clarification of problems

Aedan O'Meara aomeara at iol.ie
Fri Nov 3 14:28:34 GMT 2006

Hi Shawn,
In relation to my "erroneous announcements" comment,
my setting for max search radius is set to 10
My setting for min approach distance is 5
My setting for approach time is 10
Autoannounce is off.
I am using a previously prepared route of checked points.
use checked point only is off.
Isolate checked points is off.
My reference to points being announced a mile away is slightly
exaggerated. However, every day when approaching my bus terminus on a
parallel road to my home, my home gate checked point is announced before
the terminus. At this point on the bus my home would be at least 500
meters away to the left. It is on the second parallel road to the main
road, i.e. there is another road between.
It is my experience that adjusting the settings above has not in any way
affected the announcing of points of any type in any way.
Questions:
1. Does the new setting "Static threshold" control the lowest speed
threshold in the GPS rx itself?
I note this is 4kph in the Holux and so far have not found any way to
reduce this to match average walking speed with a white cane.
Adjusting this setting did not seem to influence this matter.
2. If I want to add my saved points to another user's database  without
going through the web site how can I do this in detail? I only see
reference to import and export of entire database under "File".

3. Is there a danger that my points will wipe out his?
Regards
Aedan.