[Loadstone] how gps works

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Fri Nov 3 09:40:28 GMT 2006

Your gps receiver sends updated data once per second. This means that if
you're moving and then stop you could have up to a second before your gps
receiver sends that information to loadstone. There's also lag time from the
gps satellites to your receiver, and possible processing lag from loadstone
itself. These things are hard to measure exactly. When marking a point it's
best to stand still for a few seconds to let the position stableize if
possible.