[Loadstone] suggestions

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Fri Nov 3 09:31:57 GMT 2006

Thanks for your suggestions.
Having points automatically announced without having to check them would be
nice but unfortunately probably won't happen any time soon. This is because
the database engine on the phone is crap. There's no better way to put this.
Depending on the speed of the phone and size of the database a query can
take from almost no time to multiple seconds to complete. Having those kinds
of queries going on in the background would make the program very
unresponsive and be very hard on the phone's battery power. There's two
possible solutions to this problem, more computing power on the phone or a
better database engine. As time goes on the phones will get more computing
power, we just have to wait long enough. The best solution would be a better
database engine. So far I haven't been able to find one. We need a free,
open source, database engine that'll run on series 60 phones. If anyone
knows of such a thing let me know.
As for a verbosity setting, that may be possible. The trick with that is
figuring out what the levels should be and what should be said when.