[Loadstone] how gps works

Rusty Perez rustys.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 07:18:15 GMT 2006

Hi folks,
I'm still trying to understand how gps works and the problem of drivt.

So, a few questions.
Is it possible that loadstone is a few steps behind me? Here's what I
mean. As I travel and then reach a given point, I notice that when I
stop and immediately ask loadstone where I am, or how fast I'm going,
it might say I'm 7 yards from where I actually am, then 5 then 3, but
I'm standing still the entire time. So is loadstone catching up on a
streem of data coming from the gps receiver? Is this lack because of a
slow gps receiver? Or is it because I'm trying to do a complex task
with a very small computer?

If this is the case, then does it make sense, if I've stopped to mark
a waypoint, to mark the location from "current position" rather than
from beginning? This makes sense to me be4ause hopefully, by the time
I've entered the name,  loadstone has caught up to the streem of data.

Does this make sense?

Thanks!
Rusty
`