[Loadstone] Problems with version 0.64

Rob Melchers rob at loadstone-gps.com
Fri Nov 3 02:13:22 GMT 2006

Hi Aeden,

In addition to Shawn's reply I would like to add that Loadstone GPS is
still very much a work in progress. The announce heading and distance
feature was requested by a user and so it was implemented. If other users
find it too much of information we might make it an option. It's the users
that make Loadstone just as much as the developers. Please understand that
supplying the appropriate information based on such little data as
direction and position is challenging. With the help of users we'll be able
to find the compromise between too much and too little navigational
information, filter out data that is only confusing and in the end come up
with the (almost) perfect tool. I've noticed the 'delete and stay' issue,
we're looking in to it. I also think that 'looking ahead' could be better
implenented, but understand that defining a 'look ahead' area isn't the
easiest thing to do. After all, all that we have is the data that comes out
of the receiver. So please keep us informed on your progress, your
comments, complaints and don't hesitate to tell us your experiences with
Loadstone GPs. I think that's the only way to reach our destination.

Rob Melchers