[Loadstone] Problems with version 0.64

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at odyssey.cm.nu
Fri Nov 3 01:25:15 GMT 2006

We'll look into the point deleting problem. When a point is deleted it's
actually just flagged as deleted, not actually removed from the database.
This is so points can be deleted from the point share site as well. The
program should be ignoring deleted points.
As for your checkpoint announcing problem, if you're having points announced
a mile away then you probably have the settings wrong or you're traveling at
120 mph. For best results the min approach distance should be set to 10
(it's in meters, about 30 feet) and the approach time should be set to 30
(seconds). The other problem you may be having is if you have the auto
announce feature turned on. This isn't needed to have checkpoints
automatically announced as you approach. The auto announce feature will just
announce the checkpoint you're approaching at intervals. The time between
announcements will decrease as you get closer.
A route mode (where a list of points is followed in sequence) is planned, we
just have to figure out how it's going to work.