[Loadstone] Problems with version 0.64

Aedan O'Meara aomeara at iol.ie
Thu Nov 2 16:50:29 GMT 2006

Hi Team,
I am using the new v0.64 for a week now and while in total it looks
good, I have noticed that when I delete unwanted or faulty points they
re-appear when I open Loadstone at a later date.
At first I thought I had not deleted all unwanted points as you can miss
them if only using the numberic keys to find them.
So, I used the find option and carefully deleted a particular point. I
doubled checked with the find option that it and all others with that
name were gone.
Lo and behold, it was back when I turned on the program again!
Anyone have this problem?
It is not just happening to one point.
Also, is there any way to return to announcing the name of an
approaching point without the bearing and distance, i e could this be
optional? I find it distracting when I am trying to catch the name of my
location in noisy surroundings such as a bus.

Finally, Monty suggested to me that I adjust the min approach distance
and time etc to try and prevent the eroneous announcing of checked
points, often up to a mile away from my route but on a parallel road,
but to no avail.
I think that a function to only call a list of checked points in serial
order is the only way to clean this up.
I know that the present method is probably cleverly designed to give you
all found points in emergency. The other suggestion is that Loadstone
should not announce found checked points that are below nine oclock or
below three oclock, as these points would be behind your travel
direction.
Regards to all,
Aedan O'Meara.