[Loadstone] Point editing options

Monty Lilburn monty at loadstone-gps.com
Sun Jul 30 11:59:27 BST 2006

Hi Ari,

You are seeing the direction change because when you stand still your GPS
 	receiver experiences drift.  This is a known problem/feature of
the SiRF III chip.  Even with this problem the SiRF III chip is much
better than the older SiRF II because of receiver sensitivity.

When you move around in Exploration mode and hit key 5 Loadstone will tell
you where you are relative to the selected point in exploration mode.  So,
if you are standing still you will get the drift.  If you start to move
(faster than  1-2KPH), you'll see the direction correct itself.

HTH,
   Monty